big, led moving heads

alabamaman

Hi all,

some days ago I started a topic looking for ip65 moving heads, but looks like there isn't any, apart from sgm g-spot.

The question now is: what are the best moving heads for outdoor use, LED, that can compare with old MAC2000 performance and wash?

They will be mounted near a lake, and their beam will have to cover a distance of 15-20 meters.

Assuming you are no longer looking for IP rated and will protect them then LED profiles equivalent to 1200W discharge with framing are fairly limited. Try High End SolaSpot Frame 2000/Pro 1500, Robe Robin DL7S/4S Profile, Prolights LUMA1500/LUMA700. For wash if you are looking for something that is more like a traditional fresnel output then again options are quite limited - maybe High End SolaWash Pro 2000/1000 or Robe Robin DL4F/7F Wash? But if typical LED arrays are ok then for that throw distance maybe something like Clay Paky A.leda Wash K20, Martin MAC Quantum Wash, Robe LEDWash 1200 or Prolights DIAMOND37?

I guess the point I'm making is that if he wants to use them outside then they have to be ip rated.

No they don't, there are lots of ways of protecting fixtures from the weather. Using IP rated fixtures is easiest (though most expensive) but there are acrylic domes, sheds with windows, all sorts of ways of addressing the problem.

Archived