Festoon Golfball Lamp Storage / taking to site

grahamrobertslx

Im looking for a storage idea for storing Golfball lamps for festoon so they dont all come back broken from site? Anybody have any nifty ideas?

Egg boxes? or those square egg trays - you can get plastic ones - http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/acatalog/yellow-plastic-egg-tray.html

http://images1.chicken-house.co.uk/acatalog/yellow-egg-tray-300.jpg

Then you just need to stop the marquee guys throwing the festoon on the floor because they want to take the tent down. That's how the last lot got broken...

Does your venue have a bar ? if so the boxes in which some types of glasses are delivered are useful for storing lamps, provided that you save all the cardboard dividers and not just the outer carton.

Bin bags and take the losses. Or leave them on the toon and coil them into a box/tray/stillage as you bring it down.

At least that's how the kilometres of festoon I've done on greenfield events managed their lamps.

Boxes lined with the extra thick bubble wrap seems to work for me (though I'm rarely moving more than 40 lamps). Don't seem to have any issues with lamps striking other lamps breaking them.

Bin bags and take the losses. Or leave them on the toon and coil them into a box/tray/stillage as you bring it down.

This has (or course) been discussed here before, and I seem to recall that this is the way the guys with a lot of festoons do it; the time involved in bulbing and unbulbing is the killer, compared to the occasional bulb loss.

We have converted half of our hire stock strings to be lamped with a plastic led unit. We now leave the lamps fitted. The down side is that they are not dimmable and is the reason we have only done about half. So much easier on site though.

It took us a long time to find a nice robust warm white but when we did we purchased 2000.

Get in touch if you want to buy some from us.

We have not come up with a nice way of transporting traditional lamps. I liked the egg box idea.

Andrew.

This has (or course) been discussed here before, and I seem to recall that this is the way the guys with a lot of festoons do it; the time involved in bulbing and unbulbing is the killer, compared to the occasional bulb loss.

I'd like to add to my rather brisk post earlier, that the opaque LED golfball festoon globes, when they detach, take some breaking, and are easily glued back into place. They tend to bounce like a ping pong ball....

I'd like to add to my rather brisk post earlier, that the opaque LED golfball festoon globes, when they detach, take some breaking, and are easily glued back into place. They tend to bounce like a ping pong ball....

Not all of them, it depends where you buy them. Some are glass.

• 2 years later...

Im in the market for LED Plastic lamps for festoon but im not finding many options

if you could make contact that would be great

simon.wilson@cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk

We have converted half of our hire stock strings to be lamped with a plastic led unit. We now leave the lamps fitted. The down side is that they are not dimmable and is the reason we have only done about half. So much easier on site though.

It took us a long time to find a nice robust warm white but when we did we purchased 2000.

Get in touch if you want to buy some from us.

We have not come up with a nice way of transporting traditional lamps. I liked the egg box idea.

Andrew.

If you are looking at storing good old fashioned tungsten bulbs, I made this out of an old case and the boxes the bulbs came in. Just cut the lids off and filled the gaps with foam:

I have another bigger one with 100+ bulbs in too.

img-20180705-213300_orig.jpg

Archived