Light processor Zip 12

Doric

Came across a Lighting Processor Zip 12. Seems the company got bought up by Eaton who own Zero88. Not seen the Zip12 before but it seems really useful for a small theatre company having mixed analogue and DMX driven dimmers. Eaton have stopped manufacture. Anyone care to express opinion on the product?

Wonderful little desk - 36 channels in 3 banks, 12 subs, chases, etc, etc. It does most of what the old Sirius desks would do (apart from editing cues or subs, which is a bit of a no-no) in a tiny package. Seen a lot at trade shows. I's my most-used toy.

1454946761[/url]' post='534588']

Came across a Lighting Processor Zip 12. Seems the company got bought up by Eaton who own Zero88. Not seen the Zip12 before but it seems really useful for a small theatre company having mixed analogue and DMX driven dimmers. Eaton have stopped manufacture. Anyone care to express opinion on the product?

does it run off a dimmer connected to one analogue outlet through the phantom connector?

does it run off a dimmer connected to one analogue outlet through the phantom connector?

Yes, I believe it does - it's so long since I used it on anything but DMX I'd forgotten all about the analogue side. I found the handbook a bit confusing, so I wrote my own idiot's guide, which you are very welcome to.

• 1 year later...

Just hired one of these. I was hoping for a two-preset, but the zip 12 was cheaper… it would be ideal, apart from the fact that I can't figure out how to make it "grab scenes" properly! It works about one time in two.

I'm in Channels mode. I set up a state, with Grab master at 0 and Presets master at 100. I press Grab Scene. On the screen it says something like "Grab Scene 1-12". According to the manual, at this point I should be able to push both faders to Grab at 100%, Presets at 0%, and it'll maintain my scene… right? Well, sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't, and I can't work out why!

Any ideas?

Amy

Archived