Hog 2000 difficulties -please help ?

Ashfieldschooltech

Hi, I recently got my hands on the hog 1000. As a school this is the best option we could go for. Me and two other lighting technicians have been stuck in a certain area of basic setup. We have successfully patched all of the channels we want to test out for the time being ( these are all simple cascade channels from 1-31). Despite this, we seem to be struggling when creating groups/ques and could do with some assistance. Are we right in saying that to create a que you should create your lighting state using the numeric keypad etc then click record and then click one of the choose buttons to assign it to a playback master. Should this create a que as this is exactly what we are doing. Despite this when we try to playback the que we don't get anything. The que we just 'programmed' isn't visible. It does show an addition to the que list when we do this and even shows the que playing but nothing is happening with the lights on stage . When we use a command such as '1 thru 5 @ full' the lights respond perfectly, it's just putting that into a cue list/ previewing what we have actually programmed into the que list

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

Owen

Ashfield School Tech team

There is an Auto Start option for the cue lists ([PIG]+[CHOOSE] the master, press the "Options" softkey and select "+Go when off 0") otherwise you will need to hit go after bringing up the fader (or before - depending whether you want manual control of the intensity fade in).

If you have a VGA monitor available, plug it in and use it - it makes using the 1k so much nicer. Hold the monitor button, then use the Content soft-key - the display that opens on the external monitor will display the contents of the currently selected cuelist (select a cue list using the choose button). That way you can see exactly what is programmed in that cue - or whether you have programmed in an empty cue somehow.

As a side note - the subject says Hog 2000 - there is no Hog 2000, there is the Wholehog 2 (sold under the Flying Pig Systems brand and then later the High End Systems brand) and the Jands Hog 1000 (which is the second generation of the Jands Echelon) - there are also Hog 250 and 600 desks (which are pre-Echelon and Elation desks) and a Hog 500 (Which is the second generation of the Jands Elation). The Jands and FPS/HES consoles are all based on the same code base - which was code named "The Next Thing" (TNT) and developed by FPS. The Jands version of the code base was nicknamed "Jands Next Thing" (JNT). Just thought I would post a bit of the history as I find the use of a shared codebase between two separate (and technically competing) manufacturers quite interesting.

There is an Auto Start option for the cue lists ([PIG]+[CHOOSE] the master, press the "Options" softkey and select "+Go when off 0") otherwise you will need to hit go after bringing up the fader (or before - depending whether you want manual control of the intensity fade in).

If you have a VGA monitor available, plug it in and use it - it makes using the 1k so much nicer. Hold the monitor button, then use the Content soft-key - the display that opens on the external monitor will display the contents of the currently selected cuelist (select a cue list using the choose button). That way you can see exactly what is programmed in that cue - or whether you have programmed in an empty cue somehow.

As a side note - the subject says Hog 2000 - there is no Hog 2000, there is the Wholehog 2 (sold under the Flying Pig Systems brand and then later the High End Systems brand) and the Jands Hog 1000 (which is the second generation of the Jands Echelon) - there are also Hog 250 and 600 desks (which are pre-Echelon and Elation desks) and a Hog 500 (Which is the second generation of the Jands Elation). The Jands and FPS/HES consoles are all based on the same code base - which was code named "The Next Thing" (TNT) and developed by FPS. The Jands version of the code base was nicknamed "Jands Next Thing" (JNT). Just thought I would post a bit of the history as I find the use of a shared codebase between two separate (and technically competing) manufacturers quite interesting.

Hi thankyou for your response. I probably didnt seem very clear in my inital query. There was a typo in the subject aslo, the lighting board I am using is the JANDS Hog 1000, My fault sorry; I have a monitor attatched and have been able to view the programme window, Q-List ect. Im struggling when it comes to actually creating the ques and groups also.. The master playback fader is up, ive pressed play and some other combinations of buttons. Tommorow I will take pictures of every step I do so that you can see wether I am doing it right. Also, how do you go about deleting ques and like I said before, creating groups of fixtures to edit.

Thankyou very much.

p.s My email is owenelse2013@gmail.com if anyone would rather contact me personally for quicker responses.

Thankyou, Owen

Ashfield School Tech

Archived