Denon DN-202WT & DN-202WR 2.4ghz wireless system

grantr22

I installed a transmitter and receiver in a church about 15 months ago. They are used on a daily basis throughout the summer months but only occasionally in winter. So far as I can remember the stated range is 30 metres but they have worked with 100% reliability over a distance of about 36 metres. However, they are mounted high up with a direct line of sight between them so I can't comment on whether they would penetrate walls.

Yes I use them every year at an outdoor event and they work solidly mounted at 5m(tx) and 3m(rx) over a distance of 115m. At this distance positioning is super critical as is perfect line of sight so I would not consider using it for anything critical. Attempting 125m on the same job has been unreliable and 150m has been a total no-no.

Thanks Hilary & Sunray,

115m is impressive given the written spec says only 30, so I'm hopeful that 30m through a wall would be achievable!

What about audio quality? I'm sure it's not as good as a cable but in general is it perfectly acceptable for monitoring and the like? No hum / minimal hiss / digital distortion?

Quality is surprisingly good, I have only used it to link horn speakers PA systems and I can't tell the difference. It's certainly cleaner than Spectrum Communications music link systems.

There is a tiny delay but far less than 100m between speakers.

With the main systems radio mic switched off, ie only sound being transmitted being the noise in the muted mic rx and mixer amp there is no discernable, noise when running at working levels, from the second systems speakers when the link channel is faded up.

The system I mentioned is used to send the output from a CD player and/or bluetooth device to a reasonable quality amplifier and speaker setup at the other end of the building. Prior to that the CD player was situated next to the amplifier and connected by short phono cables. I haven't noticed any deterioration in quality as a result of placing the wireless link between the output of the CD player and the input of the amplifier.

My experience has been good.Watch CPC for this as it has been there for some very good prices over the last couple of years, maybe worth contacting your account manager for a deal.

And they are very easy to sync, just press a button on both units until the light changed status.

It's so easy to power both boxes and press both buttons with one hand while holding them in the other that we tend to resync automatically each time they used as we have several units and they get used in different configurations.

As Hilary says, they remember but I don't know if that's forever.

One of the really lovely features is balanced input and output on XLR and jack.

It's so easy to power both boxes and press both buttons with one hand while holding them in the other
<br />both units in 1 hand? why the need for a radio link then if there that close together,or have you got 30m long arms?

I suppose I deserve that one :)

We have a case that contains 3 TX, 4 RX, aerials, psu's and a small selection of brackets.

Habitually we will remove a TX and as many RX as required for the job, power them up at the location where the case is and holding as many units as required in one hand (these are only about 25mm thick so 5 is easy in my big hands) it's easy to push and hold all the sync buttons at the same time until all the lights change.

Then they are powered down and taken to their working positions, knowing they're ready to go.

Archived