Sennheiser G2 Handleld - Loose bases

Biskit

I've got a couple of Sennheiser G2 Handheld transmitters (EW100 ones, but I believe the 300 and 500 ones are the same design) and the base end caps have got very loose, such that they fall off very easily with handling the mic, or taking it out of a stand clip. I know this is a relatively common problem with these as they get older - but has anyone found a solution to this problem, even a partial one? I have bought new plastic caps to see if they would fit more tightly, but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions (apart from just live without the base bit!)??

Many thanks!

I sorted mine out by building up the little lumps on the mic body with a wonderfull stuff called Bondic, it’s a liquid plastic that’s cured using UV light. Still going strong after two years. HTH

That's a great idea, I'd considered doing similar using Araldite but I know it would end up spreading before it set. Not come across the product you mention before, but it looks worth a try. Did you just apply it on top of the existing 'bumps' or remove them with a file and start again?

It comes in a tube with a very fine applicator nozzle, I just built up the existing lumps.

Its quite expensive, about £17 for a tube with a UV torch.

Just to say a massive thanks for the recommendation of this product - I've got some and it has worked an absolute treat... carefully built up the lumps as you suggest, and the bases now fit more securely than when the mics were new! Brilliant, and I would recommend to anyone else.

Archived