Discharge Bulb Question

Goochie

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to replace some bulbs in my Robe's. the Book says use 'Phillips CDM-SA/T 150/942, G12'

problem is I cant seem to find this Exact lamp Number, I can Find CDM/T 150/942, G12. The Only difference being the 'SA' which I understand means Short Arc.

Question is, is there a massive or any difference at all? Does the Short Arc part mean any difference in the lamps performance within the Lighting effect?

Also where is best place to purchase such lamps?

Many thanks in advance guys..

Goochie.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to replace some bulbs in my Robe's. the Book says use 'Phillips CDM-SA/T 150/942, G12'

problem is I cant seem to find this Exact lamp Number, I can Find CDM/T 150/942, G12. The Only difference being the 'SA' which I understand means Short Arc.

Question is, is there a massive or any difference at all? Does the Short Arc part mean any difference in the lamps performance within the Lighting effect?

Goochie.

Where on earth are you looking?

I just copied it into Google and it came up straight away

http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.com/l/lamps/special-lamps/entertainment/architainment/cdm-sa-t/928086605103_eu/

I usually get lamps from Stage Electrics

Hi Guys,

Goochie.

I know you can get them from most companies,

Try Hawthorns they have things like that on the shelf

already found this problem... still don't know if they are ok for my robe... SA-T cost about 50€ each, CDM-T cost 15-20€... should be great to know if they are usable... also asked to Robe they said the'll let me know but no answers

many thanks Guys, as another poster said they are out there but with a cost difference of around £30-40 per lamp.

So the same question still applies really, what if any is the difference between these two model numbers of this lamp?

Is the Short Arc part significant?

Thanks again.

the Short Arc gives a more intense light output. A standard CDM150 will work fine but if you mix them along the rig you'll notice the difference. The 3 figures beginning 9xx are a code for the colour temperature. The higher the number the whiter the light. eg 942 = 4200K

Some of the Robe clones come shipped with the standard arc philips lamp.

The choice is yours...the standard cdm150 is still pretty good, cheap and long-lived.

Osram, GE and Sylvania also make equivalents at around the £18 mark.

edit, just looked at the specs and the S/A version has half the life of the standard version (GE version is CMH-150/T/942 etc)

the Short Arc gives a more intense light output. A standard CDM150 will work fine but if you mix them along the rig you'll notice the difference. The 3 figures beginning 9xx are a code for the colour temperature. The higher the number the whiter the light. eg 942 = 4200K

Some of the Robe clones come shipped with the standard arc philips lamp.

The choice is yours...the stadard cdm150 is still pretty good, cheap and long-lived.

Osram, GE and Sylvania also make equivalents at around the £18 mark.

Many Thanks Kevin that is the answer I was looking for, One out of my 4 heads isnt as bright as the others and I've suspected that this was the CDM lamp not the CD SA-T,

The others that you mention 'GE and Sylvania' would you happen to know if they are as bright as the CD SA-T 's ??

Thanks again.

no they will be like the standard version of philips.

Brightness of course is also related to lamp age and optical alignment. In my experience the CDM is pretty consistent alignment-wise compared to compact capsule lamps and the output is more even with age. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

no they will be like the standard version of philips.

Brightness of course is also related to lamp age and optical alignment. In my experience the CDM is pretty consistent alignment-wise compared to compact capsule lamps and the output is more even with age. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

yes I get what your saying but I think its the CDM lamp that isnt as bright as the other three heads, so thats the one I need to change, will have to find some SA-T versions. Will probably try Mico Lighting in Leeds they seem to be very cheap.

Unless you know anyewhere else?

Archived