OPS200 HDCP Problem

gdadash

Hi I'm using an Analog Way OPS200 as a switcher on a job, have gone through all the options to disable HDCP and it seems to work for DVI Input 2 but no matter what I try it seems to re-enable it for DVI Input 1, I have tried different sources into the input and even swapped the working input from DVI 2 to DVI 1 and the issue only seems to be with DVI 1. Any suggestions welcome :)

Can't see how these devices can 'legally' disable HDCP if the actual content stream (rather than the Device) Flags for HDCP.

From the Analog Way support page

I’m using a HDMI or DVI source such as a Blu-ray into the switcher, and I can see it when I plug my switcher into a DVI monitor, but not when I use an analog or SDI monitor. My other sources work just fine, only the HDMI or DVI source is affected.

If you can’t see certain DVI sources on your analog or SDI outputs, but they work via the DVI outputs, you might be encountering an HDCP restriction. Sources that are HDCP protected must remain protected until they arrive at a HDCP protected display device. Since HDCP encryption cannot be used over analog or SDI, sources that start as HDCP encrypted signals cannot be sent out of the switcher over analog or SDI connections.

Joe

Sorry I should've been a little clearer in my initial post http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif All of my outputs were ran via DVI. I had a windows PC connected to DVI input 1 and a Mac connected to DVI input 2, whenever I switched to DVI 1 I got a black screen, if I switched to DVI 2 I got the output I was expecting, so I switched them inputs, Mac into DVI 1 PC into DVI 2, again the same scenario, DVI 1 a black screen, DVI 2 the output was what I was expecting. I matched the HDCP settings between the two DVI inputs and tried them in all combinations HDCP (TICKED/UNTICKED), checked the HDCP settings in the Main Output and Preview Output and tried them in both settings available, HDCP DETECTION (DISABLED/AUTOMATIC),and not matter how I had it set it up as soon as I attached something to DVI 1 the HDCP became Active on that input and Idle on everything else.

Have you ever had a signal through DVI1? May be a duff socket - a lot of people use a sacrificial DVI back to back on equipment.

Edit to add: Are you sure signal is getting to DVI 1 - you should be able to check signal - usually on Analogue Way kit the control screen toggles between input and output and shows signal type.

As Per David Lee I wonder if HDCP is a Red Herring and you simply have a duff Input on the Switch - are you 'seeing' the second screen in Display Prefs on the PC/Mac when connected to Input 1 on the Switch (assuming you are running a dual screen setup)?

The PC/Mac shouldn't be invoking HDCP unless you are playing protected content.

If you have a BD player try using that with no disc in the drive and just the splash screen/menu pages.

Joe

Archived