The role is for a Technical Project Manager to plan and execute technical delivery of event productions. This is a hands on position and operating one of the disciplines (sound, data or lighting) will be involved from time to time as well as assisting with the rig and derig of shows.
The successful applicant will have several years experience as an Audio Visual conference/awards show technician and/or already be a technical Project Manager and currently be operating shows.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
Position in Organisation
Corporate Events is a growing company which promotes a collaborative environment for all staff. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will be responsible for the successful delivery of their assigned events and will demonstrate leadership on site with a responsibility for the management of CES equipment and external suppliers. The PM will also demonstrate a commercial awareness by being responsive to the clients’ needs and actively promoting CES services.
Senior Project Manager (SPM) Job Description
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute and deliver technical productions according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes working within the framework of Corporate Events systems, coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The PM will be responsible for quality control and the onsite delivery of each project.
A key personal quality of the Project Manager is strong multi tasking as the PM will be responsible for the delivery of several projects on an ongoing basis.
The role will incorporate the following key responsibilities
· Where appropriate client liaison and relationship building either through attending meetings or using electronic communications
· Guiding the client through the technical production and delivery<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
Technical Guidance for quoting of events
· Assist the relevant Event Manager with the quoting of the technical specification of the proposal.
· Input into the staging design and advise on the suitability for the venue e.g. heights, access points, restrictions etc
· Contact relevant venue and obtain accurate quotation for event services such as hanging points and power distribution.
· Advise the EM on the logistics required for transportation, rigging and show crews – this should incorporate the drivers hours regulations and make sure that the CES is compliant.
· Display an awareness of the client budget and suggest cost effective solutions for achieving the desired outcome.
· Obtaining supplier quotes for non standard equipment.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Technical event production and project management of confirmed events<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></B>
· Conducting site visits as required and updating the site visit register of event venues. Information should include CAD plans where available, floor plans, dimensions, access and power distribution information
· Producing risk assessments and method statements for each event and filing them in the electronic job file.
· Responsible for and assisting with the pick and load of technical equipment onto the delivery vehicles in line with the Hire Track generated pick-list and supervision of the appropriate warehouse support staff in the process.
· The Project Manager will be a representative for the Company and project a positive attitude and personal appearance. This attitude should be shared by all members of the Corporate Events on site team (this includes permanent and freelance contractors).
· Ensure that the delivery of the event is in accordance with the agreed client proposal and meets the client expectations
· Display leadership on site with third party contractors and ensure that all build and rehearsal timings are met.
· Responsible for the care of Corporate Events and hired equipment – this extends to supervising the event crew and making sure that all kit is flight cased and loaded / off loaded in accordance with CES policy.
· Supervise the on-site crew and their working practises to make sure that they are health and safety compliant.
Development of Corporate Events in-house team:
Input into the mentoring and development of other team members and new employees, providing guidance, training, assistance and advice. This will be achieved by working alongside the Operations Manager and the Warehouse Supervisor.
Keeping abreast of the latest technical developments across the industry and report innovation’s back to the Technical Team.
Assist with the testing procedure of technical equipment where stringent methods are required.
Corporate Events is a highly creative, innovative and independent production house, who produces many high profile events, conferences, award dinners and roadshows in the UK and Europe. The company was formed in 1996 by the current Managing Director and has organically grown to its current position.
Corporate Events has established itself as a leading agency in Live Event, Digital media and Video production with a client base drawn from the financial, consumer, publisher and public
sectors. Our current client base includes a wide variety of private sector companies, and institutions.
We are passionate about the world of live events and strive to achieve high levels of innovation and creativity in our solutions. Corporate Events invest in employing the right people and skill sets needed to deliver outstanding productions for our clients.
Corporate Events prides itself on client engagement with our systems being people centric and pricing transparent. This value is extended within the Corporate Events team with our working environment hosting a culture in which all members of the team feel valued and fulfilled. We recognise that our people are our greatest asset.
Corporate Events is a growing, independent company, with 3 separate divisions, Event management, Technical production and Digital. The company’s in-house experts cover the following disciplines:
• Event production and project management
• Technical production
• Digital Design (motion graphics, electronic content – keynote & powerpoint, print)
• Video production and Post-Production <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
Page 1 of 1
Senior Project Manager
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1