QTXLight Starcloth

mattlad564

Hi all,

I am currently running lighting for a show and the guys running it have hired two 3m * 2m QTXlight LED starcloths.

The guy they hired them from said the IR remote should be able to reach about 60-70m but I'm having no so luck.

anybody used these before and have any ideas as to how to get them to reach further. Also are you able to connect two together and use only one receiver?

Many Thanks

Matt

How can I extend the range?

above link to CPC, remote extenders , I.R. reciever box at control end, linked either via RF, probably 433Mhz or cable link to repeater box which has I.R, LED pointed at original reciever.

They are intended for remote extensions from bedroom TV`s from lounge AV sources.

To get them to reach further, you are have to reduce the other sources of IR in the room, which is a not very practical for a venue. You could look at the path from your IR transmitter to the receiver, maybe move the receiver up high, but an IR repeater is more reliable and practical. The hire shop should carry them unless they are very optimistic people.

Archived