Claypaky Mini Scan HP3

sfrench

Hello guys, I have recently purchased some claypaky mini scan 300's I have been working through them and found a few issues and I wondered if anyone on here would be able to help me.

Fixture one and fixture two:

The fixture works fine and responds perfectly but after apromoxly 30 mins the tilt stops working but everything else works fine, I guessed this was something to do with heat so checked that fans ect are they are working.

Fixture Three:

Again the fixture works fine and responds perfectly but after apromoxly 30 mins Gobo and color wheel get randomly stuck, I have had this open whilst its working and its not something stopping it.

Fixture Four:

The pan and tilt judders, I have swapped out the mirror head and still the problem is there.

I really hope that someone can help as I would love all of the fixtures up and working.

thanks again

Miniscan hp3 or miniscan 300? ( 7ch or 4ch)

Miniscan fans can get a fault where they work from cold but stop when hot, so chek both fans work after its been on and lit for 30 minutes

Also check fans are blowing in the correct direction, people sometimes replace them upside down

Probably one to 3 are stepper motors that stop working when hot

Probably 4 is the stepper driver chip

Archived